Half-term holidays for schools is once again upon us! What about a FREE star chart to help keep the youngsters busy during the holidays? When it comes to checking your child’s behaviour there’s really nothing like a reward chart. The daily reward chart keeps a record of your child’s good behaviour and deeds to help keep the day tantrum free. They say that a little bribery can go a long way with children, rewards being one of most useful parenting tools. The child can complete the chart on a daily basis and as they finish each chore they can record it on the Star Chart. Your reward for good behaviour can be a box or bag of fun usually got from the local Pound Shop or simply a Lucky Dip from the same shop!
Some useful tips on how to best run a reward chart*.
1. Try to concentrate on one behaviour at a time.
2. Make sure the behaviour is achievable by the child
3. Chat to the child about the behaviour and work with them.
4. Maybe allow the child to choose the reward – something they will enjoy like a trip somewhere.
5. It’s a good idea to give the child a sticker hone they have achieved a particular task.
6. This is usually suitable for children above the age of 3.
* Theses tips on improving behaviour with Star Charts are suggestions only.
Top Tip: Dont’ forget, make sure you use your compatible ink cartridges so you don’t break the bank when printing your FREE Star Chart!