What should I do if the ink cartridge warning light comes on after I insert the cartridge?
Sometime the ink cartridge warning light will come on after you first install the new remanufactured ink cartridge. The following tips will help to resolve this issue.
- Switch off the printer and leave for at least two minutes and then restart.
- If the light still appears after this, remove the cartridge – following carefully the printer instructions on how to replace an ink cartridge.
- Clean the face of the copper colour ‘chip’ plate with a clean soft cloth to remove any static or grease that may be preventing a good contact.
- Re-insert the ink cartridge to see if this has helped resolve the problem.
- If the problem is not resolved, the next step to try is to switch the printer off, disconnect the printer – USB lead and leave for 2 minutes, this may give the printer a chance to reset itself and possibly recognize the ink cartridges.
What if I am not satisfied with the print out quality of my remanufactured inkjet cartridges?
If you are unhappy with the quality of the print out from you remanufactured ink cartridges, it may be necessary to perform a cleaning cycle with your printer.
- Follow the instructions to perform a cleaning cycle on your printer, this can be found in your printer utilities or maintenance section. This may often mean performing the cleaning cycle on the ink cartridge several times before it is completely clean. You should always run a test sheet after each cleaning cycle to see if the cleaning has improved. This is important, as the printer will boost the strength of the clean (i.e. force more ink through the nozzle) when it sees that you are continually cleaning and printing a test sheet.
- If you are still not satisfied with the results following the cleaning cycle there is another option to try.
- Remove the inkjet cartridge from the printer, fold a paper tissue or piece of kitchen roll and moisten it with warm water. Place the moistened tissue on a flat surface and wipe the print-head while at the same time exerting a slight pressure on the cartridge. This can be repeated if necessary to help remove a clogged print head that the printer cannot clean.
- If the problem is not resolved at this stage, the next step is to switch off the printer, remove the USB lead and leave for 5 minutes, in the case of the Dell 944 we find that if you switch off, remove the power brick for 10 – 15 minutes then this will reset the printer and prevent it from showing its own message of ‘incorrect cartridge’ installed.
- If none of the above work then it is likely that the inkjet cartridge is faulty and should be returned to the supplier for replacement.
Are all remanufactured inkjet cartridges give the same?
No, very often you will have no problems whatsoever with your remanufactured ink cartridges, in fact you can sometimes have issues with the an OEM cartridge (original manufacturers cartridge).